Ross School

Friday, March 6, 2009

The Meat/Cheese Party

Noah:   
WHAT A MEAT FEST, Imagine sitting down in Italy, in a small decent hotel, with the greatest gathering of Italian food known to man. I swear to God, I could smell the soul of the meat melting down my throat-giving me a whole new sense of reality. It all started with that smoky and rustic cheese; one would have been reminded of a small wooden fire inside a country house. Then we moved on to the ambitious mortadello whose success would make bologna jealous. Then came the true ceremony of the brozoula. Lemon and olive oil were being poured over a beautiful diplomatic meat. This ceremony was a very magnificent one. The King meat was being ornamented with layers of lemon and olive oil. This procession was interrupted by the entry of the one of the most disrespectful meats one might ever encounter. The meat showed up uninvited to the party. It hit on everyone's girlfriend and made a big impression. That salami had people talking about things they didn't want to. Then once people tried to get their hands on it, it was gone like Gavin at a Jonas Brothers Concert. It was beautiful and left everyone breathless. (Multiple people had chest pain.)
Finding the Soul of The Meat (verb): When one sees past smell and taste, and finds the true essence of the meat. One can only judge the meat based on the content of its character.

Shanna:

Emma Lesser and I walk down to the middle floor at about 10:30 at night to find out where most of our peers have been gathering. After walking down three flights of stairs in our pajamas, we find all the boys on the trip, Mr. Earle, and a few girls gathered around a small table. Emma and I ran into the dimly lit room, and up to the small wooden table to figure out what was so intriguing to the students (and Earle). On the table lay at least 10 different kinds of meats and cheeses. Emma looked at me in the most confused manner. I'm sure I portrayed the same feeling.  We started laughing at how random the whole scene was until Lucas told us to stop laughing because they were going to perform "a ritual".  Everyone suddenly became silent but Emma and I could not help but laugh. We never thought that anyone could take meat so seriously, and at so late at night. The group invited us to join their circle of this meat "right of passage", however Emma and I chose to keep our distance. We watched the whole group silently and slowly open each paper wrapping around the meat. It was frightening. They were going to start chanting. They had no chants for meat. They didn't chant. After they unwrapped the meat, they slowly ate each type. Emma and I tried to ignore it by attempting to check our email on the computer nearby. However, we heard such enthusiastic sighs from the group eating all this meat. We move back to the table and suddenly there were olives and cheese to join these meats. Emma and I saw enough for the night and proceeded to walking up the stairs, laughing. It was a disturbing yet enlightening experience. (The next morning, multiple people had chest pain)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ross School